Sunday, September 27, 2009

Here are the revised drawings from the previous comparison. They are closer, although not as exact as I had hoped. Proportions have been a little tough for me; I can't seem to quite visualize the size of the head in relation to the body, especially when the body is twisted a bit like with Bugs. Bugs is much tougher to get right than I thought. Although I could labor over these more, I think I'll move on to the line of action (that seems to be something that would help guide what's going on here) and continue to work on the proportions.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

more blair comparisons

More comparisons with the Blair originals.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

preston blair lesson 3- comparisons

Here are the overlays of the drawings I finished yesterday. I thought they looked pretty good, but boy was I off. I will redo these drawings now that I see where I went awry.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

preston blair lesson 4

I skipped lesson three because I am tired of using Gimp and ordered a new version of Photoshop Elements because I'm familiar with it. Also, I think I finally settled on the materials I like for these studies. The first three pages (which are actually the last three I did) were done with Staedtler blue and purple non-repro pencils, and they seemed to work out well. These were difficult at first, but I felt like I really got the hang of them by the end.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Part two of the first $100K lesson.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

staring over

I recently starting working through the Blair book religiously, as I felt like I might be missing some important fundamentals. Here is my first page. I also rotated the sample heads and tried to draw my own as per the instructions.