Sunday, September 27, 2009
Here are the revised drawings from the previous comparison. They are closer, although not as exact as I had hoped. Proportions have been a little tough for me; I can't seem to quite visualize the size of the head in relation to the body, especially when the body is twisted a bit like with Bugs. Bugs is much tougher to get right than I thought. Although I could labor over these more, I think I'll move on to the line of action (that seems to be something that would help guide what's going on here) and continue to work on the proportions.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I skipped lesson three because I am tired of using Gimp and ordered a new version of Photoshop Elements because I'm familiar with it. Also, I think I finally settled on the materials I like for these studies. The first three pages (which are actually the last three I did) were done with Staedtler blue and purple non-repro pencils, and they seemed to work out well. These were difficult at first, but I felt like I really got the hang of them by the end.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I recently starting working through the Blair book religiously, as I felt like I might be missing some important fundamentals. Here is my first page. I also rotated the sample heads and tried to draw my own as per the instructions.
Monday, August 31, 2009
The Tom and Jerry ones are actually from before the previous ones. The Porky one is from today. I think from now on I might stick with the pencil because its easier to see, but I do like working with the nonrepro blue a lot. I just think something is lost since I have to monkey around with the contrasts to get them visible.